Relationships are not rocket science: How to be happy and stable with your partner
Finding a perfect life-partner may seem like a daunting task for many. But at least you can work on how to have a good relationship with your partner once you have found him or her. Because at the end of it, you need not be with the perfect person to live the life of your dreams. You can hold each other’s hand on the journey of life and provide a mutual support in becoming the best version of yourself.
How to have a good relationship with your partner?
The magic of conversation
There are few things in the world that genuine communication can’t solve. When you are in a relationship, the first thing that you need to ensure is, you both connect when it comes to talking it out. Here are ways in which you can make communication the cornerstone of how to have a good relationship with your partner:
- It’s important to speak up if there’s something which you find irksome. If you keep your feelings boiled up inside it might lead to conflicts and outbursts later.
- Mutual respect is crucial to any relationship. You must constantly communicate the fact that you are taking your partner’s wishes into account and make sure they are on the same page too.
- Love requires a certain degree of compromise. You cannot fight with your partner endlessly because that will only create a cycle of bitterness. Try and resolve disagreements amicably.
- Supporting your partner through a crisis is important. Have conversations focused on encouraging and reassuring them that you will be there. Relationships are about inspiring each other to do better.
- It’s essential to give space and have room for privacy. Constantly being together can lead to a sense of claustrophobia and having to share everything should not be a forced decision. There should be an understanding which is based on faith and trust.
Boundaries can be beneficial too!
In order to have a relationship which is secure and free from unnecessary drama and anxiety, you and your partner should chalk out your boundaries together. Boundaries are not meant to make you feel like you are living in a cage. It’s meant to underline that things can cause discomfort to you or your partner. It’s meant to set unwritten rules about how to have a healthy relationship with your partner. This might sound like a sign of distrust but it actually helps in stabilizing a partnership and leaving no room for unnecessary arguments.
Add a little charm to it!
Even the most magical of relationships can do with a touch of a new magic spell time and again. You might feel that your relationship is becoming bland. One of the best ways to work around this is to participate in an activity which makes both of you happy. It can be as simple as going out for a walk or a beautiful date. Try and revisit the happy memories of your courtship phase and try and do the same things yet again. Feeling the butterflies in your stomach is an indispensable part of how to have a relationship with your partner.
It’s important to spend quality time with your partner even if your schedules get busy. Catch a new movie together. Go and gorge on delicious food at the new eatery in town. Talk about your feelings. Be a good listener. Gift them something without an occasion. Surprises and happy unpredictability are what makes relationships so special.
Contrary to popular belief, relationships don’t take a lot of work. It takes a bit of understanding and acceptance and the willingness to work it out.
Read more: How conflicts can help you grow better?